Acceptance notifications are in! Empirical Education will have a strong showing at the 2008 American Educational Research Association conference, which will be held in New York on March 24–28, 2008. Empirical staff will be presenting their research and findings in several divisions and special interest groups, including School Evaluation and Program Development, Learning and Instruction, Survey Research in Education, and Measurement and Research Methodology: Quantitative Methods and Statistical Theory. Our six presentations will include a variety of topics:
- Evaluating Alabama’s Math, Science, and Technology Initiative: Initial Results of a State-Wide Randomized Experiment
- Matched-Pairs Designs and Standard Errors of Impact Estimates: Lessons from Ten Experiments
- Effects of Pairing on the Precision of Moderator Effects: Lessons from Nine Cluster Randomized Trials
- Comparative Effectiveness of the TI-84 Graphing Calculator on Geometry Outcomes
- Multi-Site Randomized Field Trial of an Elementary Science Curriculum
- Measuring Time and Implementation in the Alabama Mathematics, Science, and Technology Initiative
View pictures of Empirical Education’s reception at The Chocolate Bar in NYC.